Monday, May 25, 2009

Turner Falls


Yesterday we took the day off from everything and went to Turner Falls in Oklahoma. Although the park was FILLED to the max with people that only go out camping on Memorial Day Weekend with extremely loud radios and no manners what-so-ever, it really was petty and was worth doing something different to get out of the rut of day-to-day living.

There was an area for diving off of a diving board, and and HUGE slide that I went down twice! FUNNNN!!!! Although the first time I went down, the guy right in front of me tried to drown. I was waiting for him to get out of the way when I noticed that he was struggling. Another man jumped in but now two of them are drowning! Good thing there were plenty of life guards. A girl FINALLY jumped in with her little life bouy thing and saved them both. Then, it was my turn! Talk about making a scary event even scarier! I survived, and went a second time. FUN!!

Not long after, a man from the same group jumped off the diving board and had to be saved. IF YOU CAN'T SWIM, DON'T JUMP OFF THE HIGH DIVE OR THE REALLY HIGH SLIDE!!!!!

The Falls themselves were quite beautiful. We don't have very many falls in Texas. And they had an old castle that was built back in the 20's that you could climb all over. We met Bethany, Adam and the girls who had been there since Friday.

Now I just have to recover from all the rest I got! I am a little sore and SLEEPY!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got a much needed day off. It must have been scary with all those would be drownings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to do things that are out of the ordinary. Good for you to go to a fun place and do fun things! I'm glad you didn't try to drown!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you guys came down. I had a lot of fun with you and wish you could have stayed another day or so. I took about an hour long shower yesterday but still feel like I have all that red dirt in places you should not have dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go running off like that! I'm always asking if Grandpa J and I can run away. Sometimes it's just good for the soul! Looks like a really pretty place to go. I can tell you've been in the water, but I'm wondering if you had all the fun and Craig just watched?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really was a beautiful place but the people there were just awful! I'm thinking it might be good to go in the Fall and see all the pretty Fall foliage and maybe not so many trashy people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you had a bunch of fun.

    ReplyDelete