Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lets Make Saurkraut!

I started a batch of saurkraut today. I started out thinking, "Hmm. This is a lot easier than I expected!" But then, how hard do you really have to smash cabbage in order to get 1-2" of water to cover the cabbage? Pretty hard. Plus, the only uniodized salt that I had was rock-hard and I had to bang the canister on the edge of the countertop.

I'm banging, and banging, and all of a sudden, I banged my fingernail! Oooouuuuccchh!!!!!

It split right down the middle and half came completely off. Blood everywhere. (except in the cabbage)

This saurkraut better be good!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your day was worse than ours. Hope your sourkraut turns out. Pa loves the stuff, I can take it or leave it (mostly leave it). Sorry about the finger nail. It will take a while to get healed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowwwsers...I probably would have let out a colorful word. I don't love sourkraut but Jake does. Although, I don't think I've had any homemade stuff before. I might try yours if your sure there was no blood....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you'll be thinking of sauerkraut in a much different way. Hopefully, it will be "painfully" delicious. Personally, I'm not partial to it. Hearing about your finger nail, makes mine hurt for you.

    ReplyDelete