Wednesday, May 13, 2009

All Better

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers regarding my last post. I had a hard time and appreciate all the kind words.

After four days of sobbing and three sleepless nights, I was finally able to talk to the boys. I really feel that they were sorry for their actions.

I asked them what I could do to be a better 'mother' and they admitted that there really wasn't anything. I really appreciate the comment from Kara that a mother is not a servant. I thought about that a lot. There is so much more to motherhood than cooking and cleaning. It is impossible to verbalize the infinite amount of "things" that mothers do day after day.

I told them that I didn't want to take them to church any more and they said that they really didn't mind going. (whew!) They will be given the choice to go to Mutual on Wednesdays but they agreed to go to Seminary and church on Sundays without complaint. I thought that was a reasonable compromise. They actually chose to go tonight. And they had a lot of fun. They have a new Young Men's President that is really trying to work with the boys, particularly my two. I am grateful to him for his insight and patience. He is a musician and had the boys bring their guitars and they "jammed" tonight.

I am looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight. It has been an exhausting few days but I am feeling a lot better.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you were able to talk to the boys and resolve the problem. Sometimes communication works better than anything. Hope you sleep well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had the chance (and courage) to talk to the boys about the issue. I'm glad they were able to compromise and work with you. See, you are a good mother!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to know that things are a bit better for you. Sounds like a good compromise you made with the boys. Since the boys couldn't think of anything more to help you be a better mother, I'd say you've been the best. . .and they know it too!

    ReplyDelete