Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fiddler on the Roof


Bethany gave Craig and I season tickets to the Dallas Summer Musicals and last night was our first show: Fiddler on the Roof, starring Topol! Words cannot describe the feelings that were felt, especially that first foot stomp in the opening song, "Tradition". Oh, how exciting! My hair stood up during the entire song. I just wanted to get up and stomp around with them. It was hard to control myself. And of course I was boo-hooing during the entire last half when he had to tell his daughter that she was dead to him. So sad!

The original tickets were for Craig and I except for Fiddler, and Bethany was to go with me instead of Craig. Craig threw a fit that he wanted to go too and Linda said she would like to go. So we bought two more tickets and all four of us went together. We met at the Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner in the West End.

It was a wonderful evening. Thank you Bethany!

6 comments:

  1. Ahh the glories of musicals. Sounds like you have a fun summer planned! I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I miss going to the musicals we used to see in SF. One of the best was Fiddler on the Roof. I get the movie out every once in a while and watch it. I still laugh and boo hoo as it unfolds. You should have a fun summer going to all the musicals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Fiddler on the Roof when we got to see it at the Tuacahan theater in St. George about five years ago! I'm sooo jealous you get a whole summer of musicals. How lucky you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed my calling in life. I was supposed to be dramma queen star of the show spending most of my time on center stage. But somehow that didn't happen. Now I live in Fallon where there is no theatre. Bummer. I love all the old musicals. "Fiddler of the Roof" is one of the best. Make sure you check out "Wicked" if it comes your way. And, a new one, with fun music, still on Broadway is "Shrek". Glad you get to have a little culture in your life. What a great gift from Bethany.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didn't mention the best part.....Topol from the Major Motion Picture!!!! This wasn't just any Fiddler on the Roof show.....this was THE Fiddler on the Roof show. PS. I'm really glad you had fun. It was seriously one of the top 5 greatest things I've ever seen in my life, probably behind Michelangelo's Pieta and the Grand Canyon.

    ReplyDelete