Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Bit of a Predicament

OK. Craig and I were discussing the Air France airplane that went down in the Atlantic Ocean yesterday and realized that we might be in a bit of a predicament. He has life insurance through his work. I am his beneficiary. But if we both die together, he has two people listed that are joint benificiaries: his mom and my mom.

Hmmm..... What happens if we all die together? We will all be on the same plane from Seattle to Anchorage.

He says that Sharon has to step up and show everyone this blog and be the benificiary and take care of all the kids equally and fairly. (Sorry, Sharon. That's an aweful big responsibility.) But he definately does not want his ex-wife to receive anything. The money is to go to the kids. Not her. Hope nothing happens, but if it does, well, here is his last will and testiment.

You can bury me with my life insurance. Won't be able to do much else with it.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice blog. Thanks for sharing, Tristan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have to come up with THAT? I did laugh tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes. I'm sure my Mom would FLIP if you all died together. Let's not do that, okay? Besides she might want to keep the money for herself given the circumstances. :) Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, first of all, nobody's gonna die here. Who the heck will comment on my blogs if you all go out together? A couple of you make sure you sit by the emergency exits so you can get out before everyone else tramples you. I'd suggest you take a couple of inflatable inner tubes and hide them in your pants so you can stay a float if you go down in the water. Remember, the executor is always paid before the beneficiaries. If there's anything left, I will gladly dole it out in equal shares. You can count on me! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It goes to the primary beneficiary, if the primary PRECEDES the owner in death than it goes to the contingent beneficiaries, if the Contingent Beneficiary PRECEDES the owner in death than it goes to the owner estate and moves threw probate. If the Owner dies and than 5 minutes later the Contingent dies, than it goes to the contingent's estate and passed through probate at that point.
    Moral is, don't die and if you do, last longer than the owner, and contingent beneficiary, then if die it would go 1/4 to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you'll be fine. Lately, there's only been about 1 major plane crash per month, and June is all taken care of already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a fantastic time! Just keep your head above the water and you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete