Friday, June 12, 2009

Alaska, Day 2, at Sea

I was exhausted from the travels the day before. I did not realize that we were going to be traveling through Glacier Bay at 6am. My biggest regret: I missed it! But I got to see a few glaciers with some small chunks of ice in the water. They were magnificent! That doesn't even describe them. We took the day trying to get to know the ship. "Trying" being the operative word. I don't think we EVER got it down. It was kinda fun, though, discovering all the things that were going to be available all week.
We all had to participate in an evacuation drill and try on all our life jackets. I think they all fit!
There was plenty of entertainment, like stuffing chickens between people's legs and hopping around like idiots. It was pretty funny though. Stupid, but funny.


We ended the day with a show with singers and dancers. It was quite entertaining. We thoroughly enjoyed our first full day aboard the Carnival Spirit.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was fantastic. The scenery is absolutely beautiful. Glad you had fun. Now you get to enjoy all the flooding

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep thinking about the games they played with the chickens. It would be fun to use them at a youth party. I still haven't caught up with my sleep, but of course the drive to Denver and back didn't help. We are still in Pleasant Grove.

    ReplyDelete