Thursday, July 23, 2009

Naked Ladies

I brought home 5 Naked Ladies (they're plants, boys!) from my mom's house back in 2002 and planted them in my flowerbed. They always had really pretty greens on them in the winter but never bloomed. About 3 years ago one of them had one little bloom on it but I never saw or heard from it again till today! All five plants have buds on them! I guess it was the rain that we've had this past week. I can't wait to see what they look like when they bloom. My luck, we'll have another drought and they will just die completely.

One of the buds looks like I may have planted it too deep. The bud is barely above the ground. But several of them have more than one blossom. Yea!!!!

I'll post pics when they bloom.

3 comments:

  1. Let me know when you get the pictures of naked laddies up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our naked ladies sit right on top of the ground with no dirt over them at all. They bloom every year in August. They are also called surprise lilies

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's exciting to get something to grow especially when you anxiously await. That's what happened with Mom's day lilies she gave me. Finally, they bloomed this year and they are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete